TullyBBurnalot

On Metastation

On Metastation  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like it myself. A server I used to main had it for its map, so I'm more or less used to the design already. It was just disorientating after not having played the map in so long. I like the little maint rooms better than Boxstations as well tbh.

Last time i played it (scientist) then science was missing alot of stuff.

No sink in science

No burn chamber for toxins

No real "scichem", the chemistry there was is linked with xenobio in the same workstation, and xenobiologists got mad at me for doing my experiments.

Science on a larger scale felt smaller, RND and Robotics were big, but rest felt tiny.

I dislike Metastation, and skip any rounds that use it.

Every time we play Meta, lots of things seem to be missing, or just don't work.

Despite doing a lot of fixes to Metastation, every round we play on it seems to reveal new things about it that don't work.

Edited by tzo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • honk 1

I feel the size is more suitable to Paradise's population. I also like how the layout and the construction of the station is more forgiving for antagonists.

What if, once the station was bug-free, it automatically switched to this station once the population reached a certain threshold?

12 hours ago, tzo said:

I dislike Metastation, and skip any rounds that use it.

Every time we play Meta, lots of things seem to be missing, or just don't work.

Despite doing a lot of fixes to Metastation, every round we play on it seems to reveal new things about it that don't work.

To be fair, we've had over 10 tests now where nobody has reported any new issues on the GitHub. As you well know, if people don't report it, its not going to get fixed :/

I'm not a fan of the station in general, but I admit I may be biased because it was being tested right as a friend of mine was trying the server and it, as well as the other people being upset about it and acting more tidey than normal, drove them off from the server entirely. As long as there is going to be some indication that the map will be used so I can just not play that round if I'm not feeling up to it, well, I guess I'd be okay with that. The people who jump down your throat for not liking the station certainly don't help.

On the other hand, I love that science has a break room. Maybe we could put one where the research shuttle used to be on box?

I don't think Meta Station is living up to it's full potential.

And as Tzo said, it's very buggy, things really don't work ( most of the time ) and i generally like the current station a lot more and am used to it.

Honestly, making more improvements on the current station might benefit us more then just trying to skip ship but since i've only played on Meta once i'd ofocurse like to hear everyone else's opinion as well.

6 minutes ago, CeasersLegion said:

i generally like the current station a lot more and am used to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the point (or one of the points) of metastation is having another station to switch to that people aren't used to, to help with variety and make it harder to "meta". I think that's a great idea. 

as far as the actual station goes, I've only really had one round on it. It was an "everyone's a traitor kill the clown" round sadly so I couldn't really look around, but I've gotta say I'm a big fan of the HoP office on there. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the point (or one of the points) of metastation is having another station to switch to that people aren't used to, to help with variety and make it harder to "meta". I think that's a great idea. 

What can i say... i don't like change. But you do make an excellent point, sorry for not realizing that.

Still, Meta Station surely isn't ready for full time deployment just yet.

I'm curious.

Why is Meta Station coming out in the first place? Are people already getting bored of the Cyberiad or am i missing something?

If someone could clarify the idea and point of Meta to me i would appreciate it greatly. 

Do I made suggestion for meta station here or in suggestions?

Anyway I've played one round in meta and I liked the atmos set up. I liked the windows inside atmos, the external access is way better, better position, faster to use. I liked how the chambers are not bordering the station anymore, and are very well protected by grilles, the half build extra chamber. I also liked the more open eng space. I wish I had somethings in atmos thou: Pipe Painter, Welding goggles, multitool, SBRs. Also I thing I really miss is atmos having access to an electrical toolbox. Is not really needed for the job, but I put cams sometimes and have cybers, so it was good to have some wire, I think atmos had some toolboxes in it, I can’t remember right, but if not, it’s really needed, so you can have tools to do your job in case something happens to your spawn ones. Eng also needs SBRs. I also wish for an alarm camera monitor in atmos control room and for atmos lockdown on windows. (This is really important to prevent fuck ups in atmos from breaching chambers and to prevent breaches in chambers to enter the station through atmos).

I'm unsure about the new placement for the maint door, is way easier to use it without been seeing now, but on the other hand, atmos is not so much in the way to AI sat or to eng pod now, so maybe less people will use it. And also unsure about our control room being open to the corridor. This shift someone already came asking for gloves, and I fear this kind of thing and greytiding will be common. But at least we got our rightful tank dispenser. And eng control room was rarely used, maybe it's a good thing that we have the atmos control room open instead. 

I liked the services sector too. Really liked the fridge for bartender, the more common space for bar and kitchen, and the theater. Didn’t really took a look at botany.

I feel medbay is too big and separated in rooms, without any gain in medthings. Just makes it harder to find someone to treat you. Also I felt the door setup worse then before.

I haven't looked thoroughly to it but I feel the AI sat design is better than box. I'm torn about the grav gen being in a forgotten corner, and having a maint door leding right to it. It makes grav gen sabotage way easier, not sure if that's good or bad. 

I'm not voting yet, want to see the rest of the station first.

Got to play a few rounds of MetaStation for the first time.
Atmos-wise, the pipe set up is nice, and I can spend less time fixing the piping at the start of every round. I do miss the Atmos camera monitor, though. It helps see where the breach is and when its been properly fixed.

If Metastation is meant for much higher populations than Cyberiad, the Custodian's closet should probably be able to fully support more Janitors.
The Atmos set up for the fitness area is kind of a mess. Having the cryopod rooms, main area, and the holodorm all on the same air alarm creates a HUGE mess when one of them gets breached. You have 4 separated rooms that are all on the same controls, so if you try to refill one room, all the others get overpressurized. This creates the issue of the cryopods constantly creating space wind when the door is opened, also destabilizing the main rooms pressure, and making it difficult to put SSDs into cryo.

Outside of the Cryodorms, I really like the dorms in general. The unisex bathroom has a cool design, and the small Cabins are perfect for RP, temporary AFKing, and murder.

Edit: I take back the part about the Cryodorms being too far away.
Custodian's closet is missing a lot of useful Janitor equipment. No general Janitor's closet, no Cleaning Backpack (though the 250 squirt bottle works fine), no Light Replacer, but the oddest of all, no trash bags! What kind of Janitor doesn't have trash bags?

Edited by Pckables

CMO office, med storage, virology and surgery observation apc's are not wired to network

Edited by Calecute
Slight change of words

although there is more maint space, and interesting mini department things in maints, it feels like they're all generally one way paths with not much for branching out, or looping around like cyberiad maints. it's neat to see mini botany, mini robotics, mini medical, et cetera, but it's all kind of cramped, and doesn't make it a fun place to lose security in. In cyberiad, there were loops and twists and turns that you could lose people in if you were good/lucky

• Like 1