TullyBBurnalot

On Metastation

On Metastation  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/4/2018 at 11:50 PM, ID404NotFound said:

although there is more maint space, and interesting mini department things in maints, it feels like they're all generally one way paths with not much for branching out, or looping around like cyberiad maints. it's neat to see mini botany, mini robotics, mini medical, et cetera, but it's all kind of cramped, and doesn't make it a fun place to lose security in. In cyberiad, there were loops and twists and turns that you could lose people in if you were good/lucky

This may be a serious issue for shadowlings and cults, but in regards to other antagonists, I'm tired of every traitor camping out in maintenance running in circles forever and ever where most of the crew will never even see them. I have no problem with maintenance being a little less maneuverable and forcing them out into the open from time to time, and what can impede an antagonist can likely impede Security too. I think the boosted size of the rest of the station can also compensate for this; cornering someone in the hallways or most departments is going to be more difficult in general. I don't have a problem with "more station, less maint."

One, the Detective's office lacks a pack of DromedaryCo.

Two, there are no flasks at the Bar or the Detective's office.

And finally three, the Detective lacks access to Evidence Storage.

A few minor notes about Medbay:

• I couldn't find any pill bottles for the MDs to use.
  • Every tile that is supposed to be white with a blue corner in the lower-right instead had the blue corner in the upper-left.
  • Cryotubes' pipes look like a mix of being under tiles and over tiles, it looks weird.
  • The morgue had rocket ship carpeting (the same kind as in Box's arcade) for some reason.

Also, it may be nice to replace the Bar and Kitchen airlocks with glass airlocks so they can see into the Club without having to leave their rooms.

Edited by TrainTN
  • Like 1

Is someone using the sec outposts? Do the officers have access to the departments?

Edited by Calecute
Grammar

Also, on a more important note, no one answered me if I should put my issues with meta here or somewhere else. The issues section of the github explicitly says that this kind of thing shouldn't be there:

"The Issues section is not a place to request features, or ask for things to be changed because you think they should be that way; The Issues section is specifically for reporting bugs in the code. Refer to ISSUE_TEMPLATE for the exact format that your Issue should be in."

I've been putting it here cuz it seems like a convenient place to gather all things about meta, but maybe the right way would be starting opening suggestion topics or something else. 

But I mean, if whoever is working on meta is not reading this topic this specific description of issues is kinda useless. 

I like the concept. The overall look is good. But, as many people pointed out; it's not finished in my eyes. Indeed a lot of stuff is missing. It feels kinda empty inside. It just needs some more time to dress the place up. 

I do like the variation in the maps. Looking at the old map gets boring after a while. 

TL;DR

Map is good but needs some more minor work.

• honk 1

Personally, as a Bartender player, I can second wanting glass airlocks to see through between the bar and the club. I personally don't like the bar a whole lot though. The floor tiles make it feel more like a milkshake shop than a classy bar (I like the wood floors on Box) and I feel disconnected from my patrons. There's a literal wall between my main work area and the primary hangout spot, so I feel more like the person off to the side that people briefly stop at for a drink and then leave, than part of the club and social aspect of the ship, and I like to talk to people.

Edited by LuKat

Although this is sort of a necro, I'll chime in in strong support of Metstation as well.

I'm going into my days off and may consider firing up the editor and implementing some of the changes people are suggesting and returning a proof of concept if the staff might, maybe, possibly consider adding it to the rotation on a small percentage chance.

Apologies, I didn't realize I was necroposting. I played on another server running the map as Bartender and it was on my mind at the time.

I didn't know it was pinned, I clicked the latest reply thing and missed the pin icon.

Offer's still good for wrenching on the map, though. What's everyone's main gripes, so far I have rooms are cramped and there's a lack of winlocks/windows.