GenSec

Trouble in Paradise I: Mexican Standoff

Sounds of joyful honking echo through maintenance as the clown lives to honk another day.

It nearly drowns out the sound of the person who is vomiting from drinking too much. 

Can also hear the faint sound of someone getting a haircut...eh...that might just be rats skittering.

Sleep well everyone.

Edited by ZN23X

Night 2: Newton's Third Law

Acting Captain Thamuel was just about to go to sleep, coat off and pajamas on, toothbrush in mouth. So far, their reign seemed pretty good. There was only one death so far, and that was better than most shifts on this station. He should put that in the report to central tonight. Turned out they expected a whole lot of reports. But wait, something was wrong. As they entered the bedroom, it felt like... someone was there with him. He glanced around, tilting his hat and pulling his toothbrush out of his mouth menacingly. It wasn't the best weapon, but it was better than nothing. Then, out of the corner of the room, an energy blade suddenly hummed to life, and a corpse-like figure came charging towards the unprotected captain. It looked like the end for the newly elected master of the station...

That is, until a security guard came running up from behind Thamuel and threw him out harm's way, taking the hit himself. The captain could only watch in helpless horror as the Nuclear Operative sped off, laughing all the while, and the intrepid guard fell to pieces. He scrambled to his feet, yelling for the doctor, trying to hold his guard together, emotionally and physically. "You'll be okay, its fine. Just, just hold in your insides, okay?" But it was too late. SquidMaster was no longer an employee of Nanotrans. Or alive.

These two conditions were heavily related.

SquidMaster the General Security was cleaved in twain by the Nuclear Operative!

Hours later, Acting Captain Thamuel was wandering the halls of the station, in a shocked stupor. He needed to process this. He needed a drink. He needed... somehow, he was in front of the bar. No, not the bar. He'd find somewhere else to drink. Somewhere more peaceful. Proceeding straight down the hall, he somehow ended up back in front of the bar. Curious now, he opened the door. Walking to the counter, he approached the bartender, who was shrouded in shadows. Before he could even say anything, the bartender put down a cocktail and said "Before you ask, its better if you don't think about it. Just start drinking and tell me what's wrong. I'm sure its, exhilarating." Thamuel looked at the drink, and glanced around the room. Full, and with the sound of static chatter. "Well... it starts when I was twelve... mother always wanted me to play the tuba. I despised the tuba..."

The Bartender has kept Thamuel busy for the night!

The red suited security guard approached the head of security, a wild grin on their face. "What do you need boss? Someone needs a smacking? Trust me, I'm real good with that." They stood there, the smile slowly disappearing as the head stayed silent. The confusion turned to anger, as they slammed a fist on the table. "No, no! You're shitting me! They got Squid? Tell me where they're at! I'm gonna gut those bastards!" The head leaned across the desk, depositing something on the desk. A shotgun, with a live shell. "You get one shot. Make it count. On the wings of justice you fly, by my authority you are given permission to use lethal force in the apprehension of ZN23X. Lets hope I'm not wrong."

The Head of Security has made an execution order on ZN23X!

Meanwhile, ZN23X was laughing, stumbling along the hallway. They may have missed their target, but they made another kill. While they were planning to take the night off, to draw suspicion away from themselves, they just couldn't resist. And after the fact, they had no regrets. It was well worth the pleasure of the kill. They kept this thought, even as they felt a chunk of their innards turn to chutney, and fell to the ground. No regrets. They didn't intend to leave this station alive anyways. 

ZN23X the Nuclear Operative has been fairly executed by the last remaining member of Security!

Edited by GenSec
  • Like 3
  • stunbaton 1

Votes:

MarcellusPye: 1

Threeinone

Edited by GenSec

The lights flicker.

A chill runs down your spine.

• clown 1

This is a good victory for the station. We have avenged our detective. This was only through co-operation between me and the HoS. So I implore you, tell me your roles so that we can destroy the Syndicate threat before more lives are lost.

• Like 1

Wait, ZN23X was actually the Operative? Who would've known?!

• Like 1

This only proves that I was right with not giving up the hope! We have overcome one of the biggest threats on our station, so let's keep this spirit and eliminate every enemy currently out for our lives.

Communication is indeed the key to success!

Edited by Normalyman
  • Like 1

you see something out of the corner of your vision

ZN23X salts "Whats the deal with the other antags who aren't doing anything interesting to add to the round. At last I tried to make it fun before I went." 

Edited by ZN23X
Not enough salt. MOAR!
  • Salt 5

im having vision trouble,can someone get me occuline and tell me if its the night shift or not?

The last remains of angry honking can still be heard throughout the station... and the food still makes people itch.

• Like 1

(Sorry guys, another delay. The narrative will be posted tomorrow at 9 PM eastern standard time and the night shift will begin then. Only votes that were cast are counted.)

Edited by GenSec

Day 3: Honk Honk Honk

The captain congratulated the crew on the death of the Nuclear Operative, while the lights flickered ominously. Then it came time to vote for someone to shove out the airlock. Only one person voted, Threeinone. They claimed that MarcellusPye was suspicious, as they stroked their walrus mustache. However, as MarcellusPye was thrown into the airlock chamber, they pointed a finger in Threeinone's direction, smiling far too wide to be natural. And as they were quickly sucked into the void, everyone grew uneasy. Threeinone started falling apart immediately, however, clutching their head and yelling repeatedly, "The honking, the honking! Make it stop, make it stop! The honking, the honking!" They immediately ran for the escape pods, slamming the door shut and welding it shut before the stunned crowd could stop him. As they tried prying it open, they heard a warning siren. The pod was being tampered with. The crew scampered back into the arrivals deck as the pod careened into space, hot-wired and sailing through the lonely trail back to Central Command. One could say he was lucky. However, he had literal years of paperwork to go through for abusing company property.

MarcellusPye the Clown has been executed, and won! The game goes on, however!

Threeinone the Janitor has been driven off the station by the HonkMother!

Edited by GenSec

I knew it! The clown all along! And no-one listened to me!

In that light, it's good riddance, Threeinone!

• Thanks 1

That would explain the itching powder thing...well, let's hope we survive this night and maybe it'll give us some clues to who of us is to be executed...

You hear a long sigh

We really need the barkeep to stop someone or else we’re essentially fucked as far as numbers go. If the barkeep dies we are basically out of ways to reliably stop night killings, bar the hos ordering hits on random people, which even if he gets lucky can only last so long.

I assure you that the HoS will not kill without reason. We might get lucky if the doctor and syndie traitor go to the same person.

The lights flicker as a chill runs down your spine.

Damn ghosts.....why haven't they hires a Chaplain....I think I won't sleep well tonight...

On 3/10/2018 at 12:53 AM, GenSec said:

The game goes on, however!

Yeah, sure, okay.

*takes long pull from cigarette*

Edited by Threeinone