Benjaminfallout

Canablisum! Yea or nay?

If you needed to for survival or other purposes would you?

It's a topic I look into a lot and I'd be interested in hearing what other think about it.

• Like 1

I think this is one of those things that would be impossible to know unless you were actually in some survival situation where you were in fact starving for longer than any of us could possibly imagine. I dunno about any of you but I can't remember a day of my life I went without food. Days? Weeks? Who knows what hunger would drive you to.

I'd imagine the answer is yes. Even someone with the strongest morals and ethics would eventually be driven to cannibalism for the sake of survival.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ZN23X said:

I think this is one of those things that would be impossible to know unless you were actually in some survival situation where you were in fact starving for longer than any of us could possibly imagine. I dunno about any of you but I can't remember a day of my life I went without food. Days? Weeks? Who knows what hunger would drive you to.

What if you where given the option? Let's say a chef brings you a prepared meal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Benjaminfallout said:

What if you where given the option? Let's say a chef brings you a prepared meal.

Def not. There are plenty of non-human things I would also not eat, so human, definitely not.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1

This is one of the more macabre discussions I've had, but here we go.

Personally, I think that if need be, I would definitely eat human flesh.

1 minute ago, Benjaminfallout said:

Let's say a chef brings you a prepared meal.

I've got a little rule for myself. Within reason, I will try anything once.

According to some studies, human meat tastes like something between pork and veal.

• Like 1

To amend to the meal thing, if I knew that it was human meat, and I knew that it was (somehow) done morally and humanely, sure why not?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chronarch said:

I've got a little rule for myself. Within reason, I will try anything once.

I have something similar. I tend to be quite lenient when it comes to the "Within reason" part.

• Like 1

I personally love the taist of blood. It's something about the  slight taste of copper.

Edit: So it turns out it's Iron and not copper. Oh boy do I feel dumb.

Edited by Benjaminfallout
  • Like 1

Scenario 1: I'm starving.

Yes, yes I would eat human meat in order to survive. I don't know how you, but I'd rather be alive than dead.

Scenario 2: Someone offers me human meat

I have no idea really. If it's eatable.... I guess?

• Like 2

I agree with Tetra, I would absolutely not know if I would do it, unless it was a survival thing and I was in said survival situation. There’s just no way for me to know, considering though that when I was on a farm I couldn’t stand to butcher and eat the animals I had a small attatchment to, or some I even hated, I highly doubt I could eat something that was so personal, like another human being. That said when starving and near death people can change drastically. But for the chef-prepares meal while I know I will be forever haunted by the “what if it WAS good” I still between me being a picky eater and the aforementioned reason why it’s hard for me to eat food close to me, would NOT eat the human flesh.

On 4/23/2018 at 5:00 PM, ZN23X said:

Starvation drives you nuts I assure you. Due to my illness I've been starving for a very long time, often going days without eating anything. I for one got used to it, it takes a heckin' lot of willpower, but doable.

If human meat was the only option to live, I think most people would go for it. Morales and such are nice to have but you should throw them out the window if you want to survive.

As for answering OP's question, I would say no. I'm too lethargic to eat someone else, I would just go

image.png.a9db87505ffee55a124f5d0e34c9a183.png

On 4/25/2018 at 7:46 AM, Sonador said:

FYI, Cannibalism isn't sustainable and will give you horrible diseases.

untrue, certain parts of the human body (especially the brain, other areas such as the spinal cord) will fuck you up, but as a general rule properly prepared human meat is perfectly good eatin, though obviously there can be some severe mental issues as a result of eating human flesh

personally i wouldn't have a huge issue eating human meat in a situation where it was needed, i definitely wouldn't kill or harm someone in order to obtain it though. were it obtained in an ethical and consnetual manner, i'd probably at least give it a try willingly were it properly prepared.

Edited by Coldflame
  • Like 1

I hear human meat is salty and gross. I'm not sure what extent I would go to to stop the hunger pains, but if applicable, I'd refrain.

Assuming this is a survival situation, that would mean there's no seasoning available. Something to consider.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:21 AM, McRamon said:

Can any of you share a bit of their flesh? 

*hands You a bloody rag*

1 hour ago, Spacemanspark said:

The fuck

Welcome to the discussion! We currently have two questions going!

1: in a survival situation would you resort to cannibalism to survive?

And!

2: if a chef prepared you a meal using human meat whold you eat it?

Well....I'll throw my two cents into the ring then too.

1. I think that there are a lot of things we would do when it comes to survival or death to which we normally would reply with "Hell no that is disgusting/terrible/wrong!" So yes when it comes     to my survival, I think the chances are high, that I would eat a fellow friendly human being in order too see the next day.

2. When it's not needed for my survival though I don't see any reason to eat it. Not even to try it out, because there are much more delicious things then human meat.

1 minute ago, Normalyman said:

there are much more delicious things then human meat.

How do you know? :^)

See? That's the point of just trying it out.

• Like 1