Benjaminfallout

Canablisum! Yea or nay?

Eh I don't have interest in finding that out to be honest. 

Like I don't have interest to find out how a tarantula, living octupus or roasted bugs taste.

On 4/24/2018 at 11:46 PM, Sonador said:

FYI, Cannibalism isn't sustainable and will give you horrible diseases.

Same with all meat, you gotta cook it properly.

On 4/24/2018 at 11:46 PM, Sonador said:

FYI, Cannibalism isn't sustainable and will give you horrible diseases.

24 minutes ago, dapocalypse said:

This isn't true. Diseases from cannibalism are prion diseases, and prions aren't destroyed by cooking.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2018 at 9:36 AM, Normalyman said:

Well....I'll throw my two cents into the ring then too.

1. I think that there are a lot of things we would do when it comes to survival or death to which we normally would reply with "Hell no that is disgusting/terrible/wrong!" So yes when it comes     to my survival, I think the chances are high, that I would eat a fellow friendly human being in order too see the next day.

2. When it's not needed for my survival though I don't see any reason to eat it. Not even to try it out, because there are much more delicious things then human meat.

I heat human meat is supossed to taste good.

19 hours ago, GutTC said:

...taste like bland food.

Its supposed to taste like pork or veal. If the human reccently died of natural causes i'd be down to eat him.

I meaan, as long as you depend on it, they consented to it, or they werent slaugtered in cold blood for the purposes of consumption. I see it as perfectly fine.

Absolutely under no circumstances even to my death.

There is this idea in western culture right now that consent just makes everything ethically and morally right and that is not something I can relate to.

Objective morality seems more logically consistent to me.

Edited by Rapture571

If it was someone I didn't know and had nothing else to eat.. then sure, as much as I hate the idea of disrespecting the dead and stuff I'm still gonna go for survival first and apologise later.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:52 PM, Rapture571 said:

Absolutely under no circumstances even to my death.

There is this idea in western culture right now that consent just makes everything ethically and morally right and that is not something I can relate to.

Objective morality seems more logically consistent to me.

There is an interesting scene in Douglas Adams' book The Restaurant at the End of the Universe where an evolved cow tells the diners that it wants to be eaten, and even tries to sell the diners on select cuts of its flesh.

The characters in the book experience the cognitive dissonance that you describe:

- Yes, this cow just told me it wants to be eaten, so it might be OK?

- No, even with consent, this still seems really really creepy.

From there, it's only a little more mental effort to: consent-meat is creepy and doesn't feel right, what does that say about non-consent-meat?

It's the best argument for the morality/ethics of the vegetarian diet that I've ever read.

10 minutes ago, Veloxi said:

There is an interesting scene in Douglas Adams' book The Restaurant at the End of the Universe where an evolved cow tells the diners that it wants to be eaten, and even tries to sell the diners on select cuts of its flesh.

The characters in the book experience the cognitive dissonance that you describe:

- Yes, this cow just told me it wants to be eaten, so it might be OK?

- No, even with consent, this still seems really really creepy.

From there, it's only a little more mental effort to: consent-meat is creepy and doesn't feel right, what does that say about non-consent-meat?

It's the best argument for the morality/ethics of the vegetarian diet that I've ever read.

Interesting. Yes, I think we're thinking along the same wavelength here. 

I am not a vegetarian but I see how the morality matches up nicely.

Although, I think the analogy would be even better if the diners were also cows.

Edited by Rapture571

20 minutes ago, Benjaminfallout said:

Why did you all necro post this?

Apologies. I read the thread but didn't consider the dates on the posts.