Benjaminfallout

Why is there so much hate towards Paradise station?

I've seen a lot of awful thing being said about it since I started playing, even being called a fetish server at one point. I'm just confused that in such a tiny community we want to fight and say terrible things about each other.

People always want to see the best fall. 

"They hate us cuz they ain't us"

See the same thing with athletes and celebrities.

There's alot of people in the world who are insecure and/or dissatisfied with thier own failures and they have a tendency to attack things that have the success they wish they had.

Also. The internet is just a sesspool of useless people screaming foul things at the top of thier lungs as frequently as possible. Don't need to concern yourself with the ramblings of a fool.

Edited by ZN23X

14 minutes ago, dapocalypse said:

High pop ruined our rp level.

If you don't seek or put effort and creaticity into your own RP, you won't find any.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

People always want to see the best fall. 

"They hate us cuz they ain't us"

See the same thing with athletes and celebrities.

There's alot of people in the world who are insecure and/or dissatisfied with thier own failures and they have a tendency to attack things that have the success they wish they had.

Where does calling it a fetish even come from? Especially when nothing past kissing is allowed.

Edited by Benjaminfallout

To some people we are known as "Furry Station 13" because we tolerate this and don't kill people over playing animal races like it sometimes happens on other servers. 

And some people who want to insult the server for some reason take this a step further and call Para a "fetish" server.

At least that's the only explanation I can come up with @Benjaminfallout.

People cannot accept that a server that openly accepts furries in their community regularly outclasses and outperforms them in pretty much all aspects. You should have seen how certain people flip out when you mention paradise in other servers, they immediately start spouting things like ">PLAYING FURADISE" and "ENJOY YOUR FURRY YIFF SERVER U AUTIST" and it's so amusing I can't put it into words.

Edited by Sonador
  • Like 2

People like to start up drama is also a factor in this.

Someone may see one thing they don't like and then blow it out of proportion to make it a bigger deal than what it is.
Example, because we have both Tajarans and Vulps (and a few others) we're a "furry server"

People who think we're a fetish server is playing off the "facts" that other people have "shared" and clearly these people never looked at our rules, because why would they, they were already "told" what this server is, and thus starting off with the wrong view of para. 

Let's start with that, we have vulps. People think vulps=furries
Except that, our rules, and how we enforce them on people. Most people prefer \tg\ style, greytiding, killing, combat, etc. And we are kind amore into RP, and when most people think about RP, they see fat nerds throwing blue balls screaming "LIGHTNING BALL" sadly.

So from what I know, some people when you say "paradise station" they hear "Furry RP station", or something like that.

23 minutes ago, Normalyman said:

If you don't seek or put effort and creaticity into your own RP, you won't find any.

I try but no one plays along so I stop trying.

There is a bunch of people who are very interested in RP @dapocalypse, myself included, and I find or create decent RP every round I play.

Observe people and try to understand how they do it, so you can start your own RP instead of searching for one you can join in.

And when it comes to this:

5 minutes ago, dapocalypse said:

I try but no one plays along so I stop trying.

Guess what, I RP even if there is literally no one around me to see it (except for ghost maybe), with emotes, talking to myself or whatever else comes into my mind. If you want to have a good RP experience you shouldn't drop it just because there is no one to witness it or because you don't find anyone who would join in.

The furry reason is a scapegoat, otherwise you would hear equal bitching about citadel station. But you don't because its not very popular. The reason people hate para is because it is the second most played sever DESPITE all the hate. It enrages people who hate paradise, to know that all their bitching does nothing to diminish the servers popularity. In the end, that's all it is.

Also, remember that the minority always speaks the loudest, to cover for the lack of numbers behind their opinions. Its clear that most people don't hate para, since most people are playing on it. But, most of the people who love sharing ill informed opinions do. Therefore, it does seem like most do hate para, but its simply not the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • clown 1

6 minutes ago, Benjaminfallout said:

So overall it's people being upset about our success as a server and flat out just lying about it?

Pretty much, plus the fact it's a really old meme who has been around since the vulp festa situation.

Overall I think the rules should reflect more rp. Enforcing no/restricted knowledge of antagonists would be great. It creates more roleplay opertunities concerning discovery. In addition this would lead to other things, like handing off changelings to research/creating a containment procedure to try and research it. Or cults, this would allow characters to not know what is next and not fully understand what is going on. This should be paired with heavier metagamming rules.

• Thanks 1

A significant amount of the "hate" has been stirred up by one guy with 13 different accounts as well (who even has time and effort for that??)

1 minute ago, Ty Omaha said:

A significant amount of the "hate" has been stirred up by one guy with 13 different accounts as well (who even has time and effort for that??)

Who?

i cant understand why people hate this sever or are saying bad things about it i played my first round on this server and its my favourite server and the best i know from the codes but thats just my opinion.

And the only server i know where you can play an animal race and thats awesome.

Edited by MrHang21
  • Like 1

Paradise in my experience might be one of the more diverse communities on SS13, which are traditionally small and niche. Para on the other hand boasts some 250+ regulars per week from the stats that I've seen made public, and there is a wide variety of players from RP styles to how various antags and game situations are handled. Even the staff doesn't fit into one trope. From the outside, people notice something they don't like quickly, become innately aware that said thing is allowed and to some extent protected (not allowed to verbally assault or attack in game for example), which makes those outsiders feel such a thing is promoted by the community as whole. Throw in that a lot of the people who bash a SS13 server have been banned or otherwise chased off by the community, and you get a real sense of privileged nerds raging that someone is playing a game in a way they don't like.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, Ty Omaha said:

*cough* 16 *cough*

It's easier to hate on furries and vulpkanin than actually coming up with solutions to the actual issues that Paradise has.

Unfortunately constructive feedback can be somewhat drowned out in the noise.

The loud minority isn't the majority.

Player numbers are consistent and always increasing with even about a good hundred on late weekdays.

I've seen a good amount recommend paradise for people seeking a balance of RP and game mechanics so the hate is pretty minimal IMO.