Threeinone

Useless Pro Tips

Recommended Posts

Heres something potentially useful but I've never seen it used.

Replica Pod people aren't exactly the same as standard Diona. They're actually part of the plants and vines factions. This means that Kudzu won't hinder them other than blocking light. Kudzu flowers won't attack them, neither will hostile trees and killer tomatoes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After pulsing the Test/Main Power wire of a door, if you snip it with wire cutters and mend it immediately after it'll reset regardless if the back-up power has kicked in or not allowing for a quick secondary pulse which I find useful if I need to backtrack through a hacked door. I don't suggest using this though if you don't have insulation since its a coin flip if you're going to get a shock from the snip.

Speaking of insulation, the budget gloves aren't the only ones that have a chance of preventing shock, the fake insulated gloves have a chance of being insulated themselves, albeit a small one.

Want to set up a trap? Pulse the door until the Check Wiring Light has been turned on. Congratulations in having turned the safety off and created a crushing machine. For quicker crushing pulse the Check Timing Light on as well.

Tired of finding butt pictures scattered around the station? Apply an emag to the photocopier to punish those who wish to print out a picture of their ass to share with others. At best their buns are going to be toasty, if they decide to print out a whole bunch at once though expect to find a charred corpse lacking an ass on your photocopier.

Miners all dead and Research isn't delivering tech disks? Pester Botanists for some produce to ship out or if they're also being lazy head to the Arrivals Garden to grow some yourself.

Those metal tiles on the floor getting you down? Get a container, scrape some fungus off the wall and apply some blood to it for instant carpet. Not sure what the lower threshold is but splashing as little as 5u will get you a carpet tile.

Need extra plant/chemistry bags because yours have gone missing? Get a Biomass Generator upgraded and you can print out some new ones.

Feeling lazy as a botanist and want to play around a bit without the chef pestering you too much? Those plots of soil behind the kitchen can be self-sustained like the hydroponics trays with Earthsblood. Plant what the chef needs, toss them a plant bag, and let them harvest at their leisure what they want.

Lacking plots to grow nifty things? Create some astroturf from grass clicking it in your hand, throw it down, dig it up with a spade/shovel, use the resulting sand to make sandstone brick. 3 will get you a brand new plot to toss down with which you can grow more plants with.

Are you a vampire that needs medical assistance? Careful of the body scanners, they won't give you away outright but a keen doctor may notice that you have more blood in your body than should be there and might contact Security about the irregularity.

Edited by Sihsse Zsak
Cleaning
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found out something during my latest code dive. Its highly useful but I doubt anyone has ever pulled it off as killing one Slaughter Demon is hard enough.
If you somehow manage to kill two. Eating the second heart will allow you to devour people just like the demon. Healing 1000 of each type of damage. Sadly it doesn't do anything for your other maladies. Also you're not made an antagonist or anything so you probably shouldn't do it. (Its a good way to finish off the wizard who bought two bottles though.)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 4:06 PM, Sihsse Zsak said:

Miners all dead and Research isn't delivering tech disks? Pester Botanists for some produce to ship out or if they're also being lazy head to the Arrivals Garden to grow some yourself. 

Sorry, I don't understand this.

As member of cargo I have had experience of delivering plasma and uranium sheets to cargo shuttle for supply points. I guess, some exotic plants may also give supply points, but never tested this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 3:46 AM, Triiodine said:

You smother people with the damp rag the bartender gets, this however, while amusing to see in chat, doesn't actually transfer the reagents to the persons blood stream it rather applies them to their face. So uh, 5u of acid I guess might do something.

Damp rag behaves really weird in game.

Once experienced some little bug: when clicking on a damp rag, received a message about putting a lid over damp rag. Guess, damp rag is a subclass of beaker (if Dreammaker supports OOP terms)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Alliostra said:

Shooting at people holding a  grenade has a chance to set off the grenade instantly.

I actually killed a nukie once as pod pilot despite them having the laser shielded suit because they had a mini bomb in their hand and I just so happened to hit it with my pods lasers.

Edited by ZN23X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

I actually killed a nukie once as pod pilot despite them having the laser shielded suit because they had a mini bomb in their hand and I just so happened to hit it with my pods lasers.

And i was killed by nukie in the same way when like a smartass i am i was holding potassium water nade

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can fit tiny items into a candle packet and upon examination of the packet it will say something like "the candle packet has (x) candles in it" even if you filled it with random stuff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xenobio Golems are immune to electrical shocks

Dionae can get random mutations from being shot with a floral somatoray.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click on a camera with a written piece of paper in your hand to hold it up to the camera. Anything you write will be shown to the AI.

  • Like 2
  • explodyparrot 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Threeinone said:

Click on a camera with a written piece of paper in your hand to hold it up to the camera. Anything you write will be shown to the AI.

NEAT!

I'm really curious how that message looks on the AI side.

Edited by ZN23X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

It's the most annoying thing ever

Devising evil plans to abuse the ai intensifies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 12:38 PM, Alliostra said:

Xenobio Golems are immune to electrical shocks

Dionae can get random mutations from being shot with a floral somatoray.

To clarify on the last one mutation shots will harm Dionae and pod people. 15% chance of radiation, 35% chance of mutation, 50% chance of burn. Yield shots will make them fat. Ever wanted to make a Diona even slower?

Edited by Pennwick
Clarified what Mutation shots do
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pennwick said:

To clarify on the last one mutation shots will harm Dionae and pod people. 15% chance of radiation, 35% chance of mutation, 50% chance of burn. Yield shots will make them fat. Ever wanted to make a Diona even slower?

Fat fricking plants.

Amusing and a great way to stop a security diona from ever catching you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheClosetMailman said:

Amusing and a great way to stop a security diona from ever catching you

You mean like, besides, walking away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did that once, they demanded my ID on code green, I said "Bugger off" and walked away.

Unfortunately they were dragging a beepsky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you're stuck in crit and you don't want to be saved, you can just type in 'succumb' on the bottom bar and you'll immediately "give up on life, succumbing to death" and can then ghost without losing respawnability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Threeinone said:

if you're stuck in crit and you don't want to be saved, you can just type in 'succumb' on the bottom bar and you'll immediately "give up on life, succumbing to death" and can then ghost without losing respawnability.

On a side note, this command is tremendously useful in those cases where that one character has made that super healing viruses that practically allow you to rise from the dead.

More than once I've been stuck in hard crit, but unable to die because of said virus, Succumb really saved my round that day, because Jesus, I was stuck there in space for twenty minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can perform one shot insta-kill by point-blank your victim with any lethal firearms while aiming for the mouth.

This however takes a while for you to shoot as much as you trying to shoot yourself and it require your victim to hold still. So take your times and whisper your victim in the ear as you slowly pull the trigger. Or just the good way to save ammunition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GutTC said:

You can perform one shot insta-kill by point-blank your victim with any lethal firearms while aiming for the mouth.

This however takes a while for you to shoot as much as you trying to shoot yourself and it require your victim to hold still. So take your times and whisper your victim in the ear as you slowly pull the trigger. Or just the good way to save ammunition.

Youre bound to a chair in a dark forgotten part of maintenance

Suddenly you feel the cold metal of a barrel pushed against the back of your head

Psssst, nothing personal kid the vox screes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GutTC said:

You can perform one shot insta-kill by point-blank your victim with any lethal firearms while aiming for the mouth.

This however takes a while for you to shoot as much as you trying to shoot yourself and it require your victim to hold still. So take your times and whisper your victim in the ear as you slowly pull the trigger. Or just the good way to save ammunition.

Its not insta-kill with all guns. I tested it with a humanized monkey and a slug, and the monkey took 240 + Internal organ damage, so laser guns and the likes (probably) only deal around 80 damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alliostra said:

Its not insta-kill with all guns. I tested it with a humanized monkey and a slug, and the monkey took 240 + Internal organ damage, so laser guns and the likes (probably) only deal around 80 damage.

Ouch. Good to know. Although I tried with one bullet from the stechkin and the assault submachine gun on the people during round end shuttle dock and they were completely dead one second after. I guess I'll experiment more on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might have already been said but eh fuck it.

Keep a mug of hot chocolate in your backpack, its the most filling out of any food item and a hell of a good time saver if your starving, a good 3-4 sip puts you to full from starvation, just don't down the whole thing, then you will become obese, this is a handy trick for mining, or anyone off station/always on the move away from the chef or a food dispenser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites