NTscinetest20832

this 4 year old list makes me wonder what makes servers last?

so I found this on reddit and the interesting thing about it being four years old is like 90% of the servers no longer exist.(a bit of a shame since one of them had all the players saying what they say with text to speech and I am curious to see what that was like What was more interesting was basically all the big servers today where around then as well including paradise so admins and anyone else what do you think actually makes a server last, there seems to be a pattern since a bunch of servers people know about now where there back then so maybe if we see whats common between them we can find a pattern? anyway I just made this post as an idea.(here is the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/172vlVjp1NPqkOSS0_zg5i2AZZhyYzM14WcljO-f2mKY/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by NTscinetest20832

Server activity has changed a lot in recent years.

The servers that still exist are basically the ones that always had decent pop. Looking at the hub right now on a Tuesday there's 20 servers with more than 10 people, but that hasn't been the norm most of SS13's life. Looking at a list of servers from yore, you are more likely to see "weekend hobby test" servers on the top ten than now.