Spyder904

'Help' 'Where?' 'Server Maint'

I've noticed that, on the night between Saturday and Sunday, the server shuts down. Any reason why? Is it because of maintenance, or refreshing, or what?

I've seen this twice before, and it impacts me a bit as I mainly stay up extremely late on these days. 

If I could get some help, it would be appreciated

[sign]

Edited by Spyder904

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• brilliantdiscord_widget
    • Now, this is a tale from the far reaches of Baystation, onboard the SEV Torch.    It had been a quiet shift, everyone was either talking or working, the poor janitor had been attempted murdered by the mime, but survived and the mime was swiftly arrested.  Everything seemed fine, except...  The mime had been a mere puppet for something far worse, a mindslave trying to fulfill his masters impossible wishes.  That master were currently loading a revolver in a dark spot.  Loaded and with spare ammo, he hid the gun in his pocket, the joys of holdout weapons, and continued towards the brig, intent on retriving his puppet.  The first officer got a single shot on him, but to no avail, the puppeters work vest deflecting the shot, soon the officer fell on the floor, clutching his wounds as he begged for mercy.  "Please! I surrender! I SURRENDER"  He begged, but the puppeter was already unloading his revolver and putting in new bullets, the pain of a non-removable magazine.  Another officer came rushing to his aid, firing his tazer but missing every shot as the puppeter evaded each shot, continuing to load his revolver.  Aware of the threat, the officer pulled his lasergun instead, took aim and fired....  BOOM He had hit a transfer valve, causing it to detonate, filling the hallway with smoke and debris, allowing the puppeter to fully load his gun in relative peace.  The puppeter took aim and nailed the officer right in the head, thankfully just a fleshwound, but enough to incapitate him.  Another officer showed up, an unathi, an angry female one armed with a big laser rifle.  The puppeter took aim and nailed her right in the head...  She stumbled, she screamed in pain, but was still standing, the bullet had lodged itself in her snout, the bleeding wound.... Healing, blood drying and clotting, new scales growing..  She took aim and fired, dropping the puppeter with a well aimed shot to the leg.      That day, Alfred learned that Bay Unathi were a tad different from Para.  He lamented his lack of knowledge as he bleed out on the floor... 
    • We have already told Yuliy to keep the matter to ban appeals / ACs. They have failed to do this. Thread locked. They are now banned from the forums as well. Goodbye.
    • Howdy, Is this still something that's of interest? If it is, I can put some time in to polish up the sprite optimiser script, instructions, and finish / share some of the documents I was writing to go with it and the sound stuff.
    • I have never been hostile towards you during this entire endeavor of you talking about me openly, and I don't appreciate you talking about me negatively to other people in discord direct message's resulting in people making their own judgement of my character. You have to understand that if you behave negatively it only causes more negativity. You decided to escalate things to the point of trying to kill me and hide my body. (Poorly at that, as I was found literally moments after you left me.) I usually give people the benefit of the doubt when they are antags and willing to barter for life. I will now be listing the events as I remember them so the facts are there. Regardless of how it makes me look. First off, I walked into science and you were hostile as you always are. I head patted you and you decided to hit me with your telescopic baton multiple times and threaten my demotion from science as you were the RD. I went down to the experimenter to make myself some gadgets as all of the other science department wings were in use. I ended up getting a soap device and you demanded that I come to your office to have my demotion carried out. I instead stood outside of your office and used the soap device as you came at me to take my ID away. This part I'm unclear of as you mention a syringe gun being used, however I don't recall this. You then caught up with me, zip tied me, and brought me into your office to remove my headset and ID. Upon removing my ID you demoted it to civilian using the console in your office. You then decided to drag me into science maintenance down to the medical maintenance airlock and sucked my blood to the point where I died. Removing my clothing and shoving me in a locker to rot. The mime just happened out of (luck for me I guess) to look around maintenance and happened to find my body. While watching in ghost you were trying to get the coroner not to revive me and he then revived me when you walked out of the room. Upon coming out of the cloning tube I gave you two options: I got to security with the information leading to my death, or you give me my job back and I stay quiet. You insisted I hand you my ID right then and there while in the cloning room. I had no headset at this time so if I were glared again and dragged into maintenance I would be completely defenseless against you like the first time as no one was around cloning at that time. I then came to a ultimatum with you saying if you went to your office with me following at a distance you would be able to fix my ID. You insisted on arguing with me regardless of how much power I held over you at the time due to my information. I then decided to say "Fuck it, I'm going to security." and stormed off to security because of your inability to realize the great deal I had offered you. I got to security and they decided to cuff me as well for absolutely no reason. I then tried to break from my restraints as I was in fear of you using the powers given to you from draining my previous body as security left us in processing together. As we were being processed a syndicate bomb went off south of the processing room leading to us being separated: You being dragged off to isolation cells until the blast happened, and I was dragged into brig bay. I was then released by the Head of Personnel and brought to brig lobby. I heard you attacking the head of security with vampire powers from the lobby of security and I had informed them as to you doing so. You then walked down to the lobby of security stunning both officers in the area with a screech and escaping through the doors leading into security. I then went to the head of personnel and offered to be the new Research director.    I apologize for any issues I caused you, but your ban was definitely nothing that this situation contributed to as I hadn't informed the administrative team of your hostile messages in discord after this round had happened. You took it out on me in direct messages and in the general chat of the paradise discord.
    • Mate, I'm not gonna lie here, That doesn't sound like grief, that sounds like you smacked him with a telebaton randomly, so he took it from you. If you abuse an item or randomly smack people around, it's gonna get taken. Ask any player here, if a sec officer starts to whack random people down, some assistant is gonna grab his baton and run off with it.   From what information I gathered, he headpatted you, you smacked him with a telebaton multiple times, and he took it, That's not grief. That's action and reaction.   Number two, it wasn't a stun grenade, it was a strange device that created soap, there's a difference, a stun grenade has the ability to blind you if they're used repeatedly in a short period of time, which could in some ways constitute as grief if he randomly ruined your eyes. However he slipped you with harmless soap.   Three? You are dragging a scientist as the RD into maint, after shooting him with a syringe gun, everything about that screams 'EOC'. He has every right to scream, and kick, and call sec. That's his duty. If we had a standard of nobody screaming out when an EOC grabbed them, Security would be out of a job. Lets keep going on. You, as the RD, told the CMO that they were an EOC, The CMO doesn't have to trust that at all, unless you are in an EOC marked body-bag, and the Captain/HOS can recall it, or the HOS/captain have said he is an EOC, the CMO can over-ride that and clone him at any time, that's not the CMO's fault. Now, lets go into any reasonable roleplay aspect, you offered him his job back, since CMD isn't actually forced here, he remembers that you just killed him, now, lets put you in his shoes, yeah? Fear roleplay comes into effect here, you have a brig, where you can be protected, security forces who are more than capable of taking care of a single vampire. You have to pick between going to work for a boss who legitimately just killed you, or going to security? I'm pretty sure you already know the answer for that yourself.   Now, lets tie all this into the perspective your taking here?  You understand that this is a roleplay server, we're low-med roleplay, meaning you are still roleplaying a character, what Koala Ice may have done, doesn't reflect on the player behind them, and your post clearly seems to take a OOC aspect to this, as do the DM's you've been sending to the guy. This sounds like alot of your actions were based on OOC distaste, or dislike of the guy, including how you've been likening him getting back at you ICLY for you randomly smacking his shit around with a telebaton as 'griefing'. I think you have very slurred lines between IC and OOC, and you need to understand that what happens IC isn't directly a reflection on the player OOCLY   I play multiple characters, ones an extremely egotistical self centered Vulp Anothers an insanely kind, and overly-trusting IPC I have another thats a very angry/snappy Tajaran with a really kind hidden heart.   These are characters, both ranging from the complete opposites of each other, to being similar in small ways. it doesn't reflect on me as a person OOCLY as I am playing them ICLY. That's the spirit of roleplay, to play a role, to play a character.   Finally? This doesn't seem like an apology at all, this seems really like your trying to incriminate a guy who just put a ban appeal up to lessen his chances of getting unbanned, I understand that you may be 'attempting' to make an apology, but it seems very half hearted, and at the very least insulting to another player of the community.
  • Who's Online (See full list)