DerpehBoi

Alien medical

Recommended Posts

Add support for surgery, healing brute and burn, broken bones, for mobs such as Xenomorphs, Space Bears, and other creatures that can be made in Xenobio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good in theory.

In practice it means changing them from "simple mobs" to "carbon mobs" which is actually a hell of a lot of work for coding and all kinds of issues. It'd mean we'd need to make a unique type of race (like humans, vox, slimes, etc) for each thing.

Xenos actually already have that - but the xenobio ones are specifically simple mobs, to stop a huge amount of really powerful things that can be done with them by xenobio (organ harvesting, etc). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DerpehBoi said:

Add support for surgery, healing brute and burn, broken bones, for mobs such as Xenomorphs, Space Bears, and other creatures that can be made in Xenobio.

Are you asking for surgery to work on them in particular? If so, that's probably not possible, because it would require changing them from simple_animal type mobs to full carbon mobs, which is undesirable for various reasons.

Are you just asking for a way to heal them? If so, that's probably doable technically (all it would require is say, brute/burn patches to work on them).

  • stunbaton 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kyet said:

Are you asking for surgery to work on them in particular? If so, that's probably not possible, because it would require changing them from simple_animal type mobs to full carbon mobs, which is undesirable for various reasons.

Are you just asking for a way to heal them? If so, that's probably doable technically (all it would require is say, brute/burn patches to work on them).

Yea healing them. I want to be able to fix up our allied mobs from Xenobio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerpehBoi said:

Yea healing them. I want to be able to fix up our allied mobs from Xenobio.

You can do that already. Just use an advanced trauma kit on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now