Chronx100

Why is sorry not enough?

So Ive been playing this server for about 5 years now. Although I love this server more than any and have played countless hours, I just wish the admins would care more about how it feels to a player to be banned from the server they put years of effort into their character to. In the 5 years I have been playing I have gotten 6 perma bans and I agree that alot of them are very valid but in 5 years 6 bans shouldnt seem like anything, yet whenever I would come back to the server after a month or so break the admins treated me like hitler and as if I was the worst person in the world because of my long list of bans. I feel like time should be a huge factor in determining if they should be allowed to continue playing on the server because it shows that they are dedicated to the server. I feel like everyone has a bad day every once in a while and over 5 years, 6 big mistakes is still fairly low. Ive always tried to act my best on paradise but I cant say I work at 100% every day of the year, I have alot of bad days and thats why I tend to take breaks off ss13, I need them as a person. I have flaws and I try my best to improve them. I apologize for all my actions, people do many things in the past they can regret but not letting someone have the option to correct those actions when they have proven they have alot of love for the server they play is very selfish and is ignoring the player as an actual person. I made the smallest mistake of pushing down an antag after he tried to kill someone and when beepsky stunned and cuffed him I instantly get banned. I realize what I did was self-antagging now, and I know I will never do it again. But does this small situation permit me, a dedicated player of over 5 years, to be banned permanently from the server? I understand I have done things in the past but why are past crimes held against us? That doesn't make sense. A situation this minor should never permit a perma ban and my last perma ban was 2 years ago, yet they bundle them all as if they just happened yesterday. Im not the person in the ban notes, thats just me every 1 day out of the year. Should a player that has 1 bad day a year not be allowed to play at all anymore? I feel that is very unfair. Ive put alot of time and effort into my character on paradise and paradise is literally the only good ss13 server that exist. I love its community and I love playing with the people I used to know and remember from all the way back. Maybe this is just my opinion and comment how you may feel about this because at this moment I am permanently banned from paradise and got nothing else to do right now. Im interested to see if others feel the same or if maybe I am just a bad guy. Im not trying to get unbanned with this post,  Im just trying to vent a little because Im really depressed after realizing I can never play again.  

Hughe Splash out.

The main purpose of bans isn't to punish individual players or turn them into better payers. It's preventative, to ensure that other people can play and have fun in the environment laid out by the rules. So "sorry" isn't enough, because if you keep getting warned and banned for the same thing, then we can't just let you back on to reoffend, get banned again, force you to write an essay, repeat. It affects others to have a constant rule breaker on the server.

Locking this thread because further conversation will just turn into ban appeal-lite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2