DerpehBoi

Paradise thoughts

In my opinion I love the admin's care for it and the community. There's lots of great people to meet and its very engaging.

I very much dislike security and people who dont follow SOP or guidelines. Security literally almost arrested me for "attempted theft" even though being told by others it isn't a crime to attempt at theft but to succeed is.

Honestly if there was one thing I would change about para is people's desire to RP. Most people will just scream "TRAITOR" or go run to security. Its much nicer with RP as it adds more feel and immersion to the game.

Basically my opinion is: I love paradise. It has its flaws but it is extremely fun and theres plenty to do. I enjoy my time here and wouldn't prefer most other servers over paradise. Nothing can replace the people I've met.

List of those that I find cool
Meex Z-something: She's good at her job and seePLEms to take care of her duties seriously.

Aaron Whelen: He's a nice guy and makes a great HoP.

Kitty Vast: Honestly she just seems interesting. I dont know what is so interesting about her always having someone drag her around or laying in front of the bridge though.

Hoff: He is a kind warden and one of the few people who has shown a care for his prisoners. Its nice to have someone like this on a security team full of harmbaton users.

Theres more but I cant remember everyone.

Thanks for the experience everyone! Remember: the clown is a very important role and should be treated as you would a member of command!

• Like 3

It's hard to rp when there is shit going on, so that is probably why they just yell "traitor!!"

I'm all for more RP, but as a Medium RP server, the best thing to do is create an interesting character and create fun moments that people can join in on. 

The best RP comes from playing to your abilities and disabilities: A great scientist who's a coward in the face of the danger, a doctor who sometimes fumbles and makes mistakes, and a drunk janitor who slips out the trash disposal chute. These can lead to interesting situations as long as you go with the flow and stick with your character, even when they're dying. Once you can accept flaws, RP opens up. 

However, if you see the game as a win or lose scenario, there's no reason to limit yourself via character flaws or not knowing how to do certain jobs. Anyone can set up a Tesla/Singularity engine if you read the wiki, so why pretend like you don't know, even if you're just the janitor. 

It's possible for the community to shift in a more heavier RP rule-set, but it would be hard, and paradise would suffer depending on how it's done. I'll reiterate what I said at the beginning: by creating an interesting and fun character for RP, you'll find great moments with people looking for that kind of time. When push comes to shove and a character shouts, "TRAITOR!" ruining a chance at some RP, then shrug your shoulders and do what has to be done. 500 or so hours of this mindset and I've had a fine time.

Yeah for some people don't like RP that much.

Tho from time to time you meet people that actually are willing to RP with you

Last week I, Torque and Mercury Miles fled the station after they both died, a lot of bombs went off, and generally mess. And I have to say the RP we had on the outpost was really good.

Like Mercury is one of a few people that play spess now and are really good at RP. ((considering only people I meet on the station))

I wish more people were like that tbh.

• Like 1