Kyet

What should I put in our hub entry?

Right now, our hub entry looks like this (attached).

The "Medium RP, varied species/jobs/modes" bit is a config option. It was my effort to come up with a SHORT tagline that explains what makes our server unique.

I settled for "medium RP" because most servers are light RP, and "varied species/jobs/modes" because well, we have more variety than most servers.

Is there something better I could put here?

Is there anything else which you think makes our server unique, or which I should consider putting in our hub entry?

Before you ask, yes, I already want to get rid of the 'Hosted by ParadiseHost' bit. No, I don't expect that doing so will free up additional space.

Ideas for things that could be included:

1. Current round time, e.g: "Round time:1h30m"
  2. Current map (in the super-rare event we don't run box)
  3. Some other unique features of our server
  4. The game mode (if its widely known)
  5. Something set by the Captain? Debatable if this is a good idea...

hub_entry.PNG

No to #5

Instead of linking the wiki it should link the website landing page because that has all the links including the wiki

• Like 1

The chances of newer players clicking on the wiki once on the website is fairly minimal, however. 

I figured that new players don't care about the forum (its only real use is ban appeals), and the SS13 community in general might not always have the best of intentions when joining our Discord.

The most useful thing for new players in terms of learning how our server works is the wiki... so that is what I linked to.

• Like 2

"Join Paradise, Meet an admin face to face!" 

Jk

Maybe something like "Paradise, where each round is a whole new world!" 

Cheesy as hell, but im a greyshitter, not a writer