necaladun

OHSA Brainstorm

People were talking about an OHSA event where the station is made to comply to safety standards before an NT inspection, I might actually run this one day, so if people could post ideas here of things that could be done to make the cyberiad less of a deathtrap that might help me k thx!

• Like 4

Put some kind of frames onto all disposal bins that only allows items to a medium size to be thrown into disposals.

Set up a second contaiment field around the engine.

Try to remove the maintenance access from all civillians.

Add such a sensor, like airlocks normally have to not crush people ,to firelocks.

Cover all airlock wires with plassteel so the fellow crew doesn't shock themselves. (Same for vendors etc.)

Maybe add an extra layer of one reinforced glass to each window leading to space and to often visited places with electrified grills. (looking at you bridge)

Make sure the chefs food isn't poisened and there is no food on the floor that could be infested with ants.

Try to confiscate all slippery items, like banana peels, soap and foam grenades.

The station should be clean to minimize the probability of a viral outbreak.

Fueltanks should should not stand near critical equipment.

No weird constructions with disposal pipes or conveyer belt and so on, also no public quantum pads, due to its randomness, if you teleport with a bag of holding etc..

Of course no breaches and so on. (The station should be about the same as on the round start as the inspections start, with exception of those "improvments".)

That are some ideas of the top of my head, two of these would need extra programming, as i can't imagine a way to do this without it.

I hope they are good enough.

• Thanks 1

exactly the kinda thing i'm looking for ty

maybe just brig the clown until the inspectors leave too 😛

• clown 1
  • honk 1

Set up the shield barrier in front of the bridge .. small thing but hey, it may help.

Set up a third airlock on each side of the bridge (I often do this as engi borg)

Override the door timings to brig/bridge

!! Have an officer actually man the security checkpoint at arrivals! Make some kind of .. entrance .. where they are checked before they're let in? (We totally should have a customs officer job back for this, for RP reasons .. at least I would RP as one 😄

• fastparrot 1
  • honk 1

Set up department power grids with their own SMES units taking power from main grid preventing power outage from hitting whole station.

Actually setting up backup SMESes in fore starboard maint

Prepare emergency portable air scubbers and air pumps

Injecting crew with general anti-virus

Setting up sec checkpoint at arrivals forcing people to "register" as they arrive.

Setting up sec checkpoint at mining shuttle forcing protection from wildlife

Preparing medbay's emergency aid kits with some advanced chemicals

Placing one aid kit with advanced chamicals inside in each department

Assign one officer to each department, give him departmrnt access, radio and armband.

• Thanks 2

Science (General): Make sure Science actually for once follows SoP (Good luck with that)

Toxins: Make sure all tests are announced and the bombs are assembled in the most secure manner so no one else can tamper with it.

Chemical Research: Make sure bombs do not actually leave the department unless requested or needed

Xenobiology: Do not let any type of creature leave unless requested.

Robotics: Make sure they built mechs with confirmation of the relevant department and all have a GPS tracker. Especially no combat mechs until requested

Security: Check all batons for blood traces / evidence of harm batoning and if they are fully charged (Could use detective Scanner)

Brig: Remove all light blubs as they are frequently used to break out / harm yourself . Alternatively check if all non-perma prisoners have injuries , wonder why there is blood everywhere.

Medbay : Have them prepare for ALL kinds medical emergencies (including making smaller medicine such as antihol).

Surgery : Make sure proper anesthetics or other methods are ALWAYS used , even for vox-kins . Just going to sleep is not acceptable .

HoP: Let job transfers do basic paperwork showing they have basic competence in the field they want work with .

QM: Do basic paperwork for every item handed out . Make sure no dangerous objects are given to Crew .

Janitors : Impose an additional rule like that they cannot clean a whole floor area at once and must always leave one "lane" open for people to run by while they are cleaning

• Thanks 1

some really good ideas here, and sure as fuck CC is gonna go over the damn paperwork!

Watch it'll either be me or Tully who'll be playing the paperwork bastard during the event. Gird your loins people. ❤️

• Like 1

Might be funny to have actual consequences if Paperwork/SoP/Safety Standards are not followed correctly. Honestly no idea what exactly but I am sure the admemes have a great list of torture devices

1 hour ago, Kinnikonnie said:

Might be funny to have actual consequences if Paperwork/SoP/Safety Standards are not followed correctly. Honestly no idea what exactly but I am sure the admemes have a great list of torture devices

Demotion really, the idea is the srs bizness/nofunallowed CC bosses will visit and also ask questions like "why are you out of uniform"

Medbay reception desk should be manned and medical records checked and updated.

Wheelchairs should be available in Medbay's reception.

Key departments should have a loaded backup PACMAN that is relatively out of view for tiders. Specially if you split the power network with a SMES, because then you can't keep the department running during blackout by hotwiring stuff.

Biohazard disposals room should have proper lighting and access restricted to specific departments. It also shouldn't be dumping valuable scrubber air to space by default.

Atmos tanks shouldn't have catwalks on the maint side. They allow gas to flow over instead of venting to space in case of breach.

Backup atmos filtering should be set up, preferably in the fore starboard area.

Cargo should be sorting trash and not belting it straight to waste disposal.

Maint should be free of random plasma stacks.

Chemistry stations should have fireproofed, reinforced floors and walls.

Arrivals trade shuttle airlocks should be bolted/blocked to prevent civilian access to space.

Security officer with department access assigned to each department.

Require everyone to know the location of the closest fire extinguisher to their place of work, verify they are there and filled fully.

No trash/soap/banana peels in the hallways.

All food put on the chef's counter must be on a plate, tray, in a paper bag or similar.

• Thanks 1

The only thing i truly want to see enforced is hardsuit hogging.

But uniform enforcement in general should also probably be enforced. Can't let engies run around without hard boots, chef needs to cover his hair to avoid hair in food, no one entering viro without proper suit, botant without proper gloves, etc. There are actually some things there are not provided by NT that probably should, like proper gloves for cargo tech maning disposals. 

Atmos tank placement are terrible from a safety perspective, but not sure what can be done about it. Maybe build some better windows in turbine maint and reinforce the wall to space in atmos maint.

Also we should probably block access to the tree tiles in front of the PA in engine with windows. 

Think department SMES are too much, but electric network running at the lowest possible wattage to lesser shock damage should probably be enforced. 

It could possibly be illegal to serve booze to squidheads.

Medbay also should run departamental checks. Go to science and see if geneticist are using themselves as test subjects and are damaged (illegal for sure). Check robos and engies for eye damage, botanists and chems for poison and addiction (or for any number of things in case of scichem), xeno for slime damage, etc.

Part of my thought process when going about this was every department head getting a Fax regarding things that their department would be responsible for doing, certain things that they need to have checked off and accomplished prior to the inspectors being there. The better / more they do they better the "grade" that they get at the end of the event thus the more CC would be willing to not fire them out of an airlock. This also allows every department to have a smaller list rather then a giant laundry sheet and it also allows individual departments to reap rewards for doing a good job verses other departments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No insects and small pesky creatures like mice

Journals of fire safety check filled by heads in every department

Station is clean (especially of blood)

Crew has enough proper uniform and protection (should be spare pieces of equipment in every department, especially sensitive like hardsuits. Engineers dont use it to just casually walk around). EVA equipment is not only not stolen by gateway explorers, but additional equipment should be added. Same with fire safety closets.

No overflow of electricity.

Anything dangerous, like guns or strange objects,, should not be found in easy access to everyone and instead is kept in special places. 

There is proper paperwork for every borg and AI on station - CC should send paperwork for roundstart borg and AI (even if they were made from robobrain) 

Mining.. i cant even imagine what kind of safety standart lavaland should meet. At least doctor on duty and armed security officer who accompanies miners on field. 

Personnel testing bombs should always wear bombsuits when they are working.

No illegal workers (in case someone from lavaland, they should have proper contract)