While looking for something in the code i found those wonderful comments about circuit crates

image.thumb.png.d95138ac0ffa869c92ce3fd9970ca932.png

• clown 2

The whole codebase can be a goldmine of comments, having 100s of authors. There's arguments between people in there, etc. My fav I think is, where infinity is defined as about 7x10^16 it says something like "Near enough to close enough."

• Like 1
  • clown 2

The code for kidneys is my favorite.

/obj/item/organ/internal/kidneys/on_life()
	// Coffee is really bad for you with busted kidneys.
	// This should probably be expanded in some way, but fucked if I know
	// what else kidneys can process in our reagent list.
	var/datum/reagent/coffee = locate(/datum/reagent/consumable/drink/coffee) in owner.reagents.reagent_list
	if(coffee)
		if(is_bruised())
			owner.adjustToxLoss(0.1 * PROCESS_ACCURACY)
		else if(is_broken())
			owner.adjustToxLoss(0.3 * PROCESS_ACCURACY)

Yes, all kidney's do is cause 0.1 to 0.3 toxin damage per tick if you have coffee in your system. That's it.

• Like 1
  • explodyparrot 2

3 minutes ago, EvadableMoxie said:

Yes, all kidney's do is cause 0.1 to 0.3 toxin damage per tick if you have coffee in your system. That's it.

Not even that, it actually requires the kidneys to be in a specific damaged state for coffee to cause toxin damage if I'm reading that correctly.

• Like 1

Yeah, I laughed a lot reading that, while writing the medical wikiguide (work still in progress). The bruised state of an organ was 10 to 30 points of damage, if I remember it correct; there were two other states and organdeath for more severe damage.

Edited by Regular Joe

My personal favorite is the photocopier code, the sheer amount of code revolving around asses being printed and lasered just entertains me far more than it should.

• Like 1
  • explodyparrot 1

0shQRVZ.png

Atmos code ladies and gents.

The codebase is a true treasure. The code literally shits on everyone unwrenching pipes every shift in the server and you don't even know it!

• Like 1

Speaking of atmos related code.

air_transfer.toxins = air_transfer.toxins // This is me not comprehending the air system. I realize this is retarded and I could probably make it work without fucking it up like this, but there you have it. -- TLE

From the flamethrower code.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1