CyrusJazzberry

What do you listen to during SS13?

Lots of things i used to have a big file of music but i kinda lost it when i built a new computer.

here's a example of whats on the new list

My music depends on what I'm doing, if I even listen to it. If I'm in a seriously dangerous role or time, I'll shut off the music so I can fully immerse myself in the audio cues of the game and better understand my surroundings.

When not doing that, It's probably gonna be strong classical for more heavy leadership roles or some grungy stuff for engineering, etc. The music fits the mood and role.

I listen to the screams of clowns dying horribly.

and also anime beatmania/inital D tracks m8. When my character listens to music on headphones, I suddenly put on some music on my headphones.

Edited by ruskivodka

Music somehow distracts me from the game, not sure why... i usually watch on the second monitor something like house md or anything like that that i have seen dozen of times

Edited by McRamon

I listen to a lot of the song Space Oddity but when I get bored of that I listen to these I'm big into music!

MY FAVORITE MAYDAY PARADE SONG <3

Edited by Buford
Posted links wrong.

Any of the aureate Moog-Synth treats you can imagine of. In SS13, particularly, I've been quite obsessed to both of the crazy songs from Gil Trythall's EP Lucixon II/Echospace

Which works VERY well and sounds like it's made for the game or something. Although listening to it can be quite depressing, for unknown reasons

When playing ss13 i mostly hear Vaporwave (18 Carat Affair, Luxury Elite, Eyeliner) and Lo-fi (Kupla, Idealism, Joji).

When I'm bartending, I usually listen to jazz stuff by insaneintherainmusic

Otherwise I listen to my spotify, which has music ranging from Toby Keith to Boyinaband to Teminite to ACDC.

• Like 2

FTL OST, piano, Crypt of the Necrodancer OST, piano, Undertale piano cover,  more piano ((I fucking love sound of piano)), more OST ((like deadbolt, risk of rain, Valiant Hearts, FMAetc)), Johnny Cash, Kavinsky and meme music, and more. 

Edit: In fact I just make playlist with shit I listen to, so I have easier access to it.
((https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDH0FIzriGXYbfXmPUYnmImWHw8Hm6H0M))

Edited by BottomQuark

A mix of Julia Ecklar and filk songs for the calm shift, remixes and fast paced songs for an up in the air situation.

Edited by Blessed

I tend to listen to just space ambience or something like that, especially when playing as someone like the clown..Dunno why but it seems to make the experience all that more amusing.

Usually one of these albums specifically. Or just black metal in general. Burzum and shit. Or witch house. "Get Used To Saying No" is just generally a good "meditation" to listen to, to help deal with the bullshit that might be encountered. "Tendon" and the rest of its album is great for like, dealing with chaos. Like, functioning in or under chaos as if a multi-medium abstract symphony. It's great for like, if you're command or security, and everything is fucked up, so you have to be the sole navigator of insanity. In general, it's good for reflecting on chaos navigation, identifying patterns and order within largely order-less circumstances. Merely observing chaos and identifying the already existing variables currently functioning, albeit dissociated from each other, and connecting them in the most functional and fluid manner. The song/artist is good if you like, have a lot of studying, and other life activities, and legitimately not enough hours to logically achieve what is required, forcing a sort of chaotic adaptive approach. I use music largely as a contemplative tool, and less about mere enjoyment, I suppose. Helps me get into character, sort of like method acting, I guess. EDIT: La Condi Hu is like, a joke to me. Synthetic players might like it. I'm always amazed at people's view and understanding of death, and even in terms if the game, they'll do everything to avoid death, and rage if they die in any given manner. So, I'll throw it on when a virus happens, or a blob, xeno, nuke squad. When everyone is dying, and they are all raging, and/or dragging themselves and dying buddies through the halls, trying to save themselves for no real reason, other than wanting to play longer, or an actual fear of death. Like, if they didn't happen to die from the virus, it'd have been the hole ripped in the hull, or the xeno, or a grey tide, or just lack of doctors; and instead of contemplating the overall story of their character and how they met their ends as a nameless, meaningless corpse in a sea of other nameless, meaningless, unexamined corpses, they rage, and treat it like a game. Scream for restarts. I always contemplate it all, as if it were a real situation; it's interesting. Bodies everywhere, and some engineer is screaming at the HOP to do their job so they can transfer to be a cargo tech or something stupid. Bonus points if everyone died because of stupidity, or mass stupidity. 

Edited by Nil

Depends on my mood, and what's playing in my discord on our music bot. Sometimes it's Broadway, sometimes it's SZA. But when I'm not in discord, i usually listen to ABBA, or a collection of Nocturnes by Chopin

Honestly just station ambience.

Sitting there, relaxing in my chair while smoking a fag, waiting for the next fool to be dragged into the brig.

I wish i had a radio like on SEV Torch

Carmen Miranda's Ghost on loop for the whole round straight

Other filk songs are good too (for example Ballad of Transporter 18Banned from Argo or if i decide to become an engineer Engineers Hymn)

If i am an antag or clown or security Pumped Up Kicks  ( Military Cadence for Engineer for antag engineer )

Better yet just close them all and listen the voices and honks from the station

Usually when I play I’m so sucked into the game that all external stimula just becomes white noise.

Playing as A.I. Demands a lot of attention.

Heck, playing as an organic does too. Could be cleaning the floor happily as a janitor in your galoshes and then the HOP comes outta nowhere, drags you into maintenance and slices you up with an energy sword..

such is life on the final frontier.. *sigh*

Edited by Rapture571
Typo

2 hours ago, Benjaminfallout said:

Lot of cage the elephant songs 

Good shit right there, but I have to say, first album was amazing, then they decided to sniff cocaine mixed with Mars Volta drugs and I'm not pretty sure I like what they did after