| Found in: Medbay|
Used for: Injecting people with chemicals and dialysis.
Strategy: Stopping the Clown from dying to Assistants. Again.
The Sleeper is a machine that allows you to directly inject preset chemicals into any crewmember (or small animal) that's inside it.
If a patient is inside the Sleeper, you can use the Sleeper Console to inject a number of preset chemicals. These chemicals are synthesized automatically as long as the Sleeper is powered, and you don't have to worry about running out. Keep in mind, patients in Heavy Critical Condition cannot be healed via the sleeper (not counting epinephrine, which is excluded from this restriction), so if someone is at -25 HP or below (this limit is increased as the sleeper is upgraded), and isn't merely suffocating to death, you'll need to use some other means of stabilizing them...
By default, Sleepers have the following chemicals:
- Ephedrine - Reduces stun times, increases run speed, and stabilizes critical patients. If overdosed (35 units), it will deal toxin and oxyloss damage.
- Saline-Glucose Solution - Has a 33% chance per metabolism cycle to heal 2 points of brute and burn damage each. Has another 33% chance per cycle to restore a bit of blood.
- Salbutamol - Quickly heals oxygen damage while slowing down suffocation. Great for stabilizing critical patients.
- Charcoal - Slowly heals toxin damage, will also slowly remove any other chemicals.
Upgrading the sleepers also allows you to inject more than 20 units of each chemical (the default value). However, keep in mind that patients can overdose on Ephedrine. The sleeper's status bars will change color accordingly if you are in danger of overdosing your patient.
By adding a beaker/glass/bucket/any other container to the sleeper, you can use the Dialysis option. When activated, the sleeper will run the patient's blood through a filter, filling the container with any reagents in the patient's bloodstream. This, of course, is incredibly useful when someone is overdosing from a chemical, or is filled with hundreds of units of alcohol. This also removes a portion of blood, decreased with upgrades.
In addition, dialysis can be used in chemical recipes that involve blood. For example:
- Place patient in Sleeper;
- Place beaker with Carbon;
- Initiate dialysis;
- Inject Styptic Powder
Your beaker will now have Synthflesh in it!