Station Goals are special long-term objectives for the crew to pursue, which result in very special and powerful machines.
The Station Goal for each round is random, and communicated in the Blue Alert report at every communications console.
To complete this station goal you'll need to build a functional Bluespace Artillery!
Steps to Complete
- To start with, you'll need to order the circuit boards from cargo; the crate costs 150 points and is only unlocked if this is the station objective. It can be ordered multiple times.
- Next you need to set up three machine frames horizontally, and a computer frame below the middle, forming a T. When positioning it remember the cannon will destroy everything in front of it, so point it at space and not towards the station. The cannon will also require a 10 tile wide horizontal space to complete.
- Start building the machines. The Artillery Generator is the back part, the Artilery Bore is the front, and the Artillery Fusor goes in the middle. The machine frame below will be the console, and requires no parts.
- Collect the materials to make the machines. The Generator requires 5 Quadratic Capacitors, the Bore requires 5 Femto-manipulators, and the Fusor requires 20 Bluespace Crystals.
- After you complete all the parts, use a multitool to link both ends of the artillery to the fusor in the middle. Then use the console to finalize the construction; if the full sprite appears, you now have a functional bluespace artillery.
Building the Bluespace Artillery will let you fire it at will! To do so it'll need a lot of power, drawn from the room's APC. The target is chosen with the console, which can aim at any GPS signal. Firing the Artillery will then obliterate the target and anything around it. The BSA is not limited by Z-Levels, and can be used towards lavaland or even Centcomm, if you manage to get a GPS in there.
Remember to not stay in front of the artillery when it fires, unless you enjoy being vaporized!
To complete this station goal you'll need to build and stock a DNA Vault!
Steps to Complete
- To start with, you need to order the circuit boards from cargo; the crate costs 120? points and is only unlocked if this is the station objective. It can be ordered multiple times.
- Build a machine frame where you want the vault to be located. It corresponds to the top part seen in the image above. Ideally this should be built on a public or semi-public area to allow anyone to deliver DNA and to get the reward. Insert the board, 5 quadratic capacitors and two wires, then use a screwdriver on it to build the vault.
- Order at least one DNA Vault Samplers crate from cargo. Each costs 30? points and contains 5 DNA probes, which are reusable.
- Use the probes to collect DNA samples! You need:
- 15-20 animal samples, obtained from scanning simple animals like Ian or slimes. Animals have to be of different species.
- 20-25 plant samples, obtained from scanning hydroponic trays with ready-to-harvest plants. Plants need to be of different species too; you'll have to mutate them to reach the quota.
- 75% of the station's roundstart population in human samples. The samples do not necessarily have to be of the initial crew, and monkeymen can be used as well.
- Upload the samples onto the DNA Vault by using the samplers on it.
- When all the requirements are fulfilled, the DNA Vault will become active, fulfill the goal, and give genetic upgrades for free!
When a DNA Vault is complete, everyone who uses it receives a choice between two of these. Picking one will apply that upgrade permanently. This has no cost and can be done on anyone who visits the Vault.
- Toxin Adaptation: Makes the user able to breathe plasma harmlessly, and gives total virus immunity.
- Lung Enhancement: The user no longer needs to breathe. As a side effect, they'll take brute damage instead of oxygen when in crit.
- Thermal Regulation: Makes the user fireproof while also causing them to take half burn damage from any source.
- Neural Repathing: Halves stun times.
- Bone Reinforcement: Gives a 30% armor bonus to all forms of damage.
Or atleast thats what it should be. But right now it only gives you choice between two genetic powers making it not so appealing. Not sure about it but the choice is probally limited to only xray and tk
Meteor Shield Satellites
To complete this station goal you'll need to place Meteor Shield Satellites in space outside the station!
Steps to Complete
- To start with, you'll need to order the Meteor Shield crate and its corresponding electronics crate from cargo; the satellite crate costs 120? supply points and is only unlocked if this is the station objective. It can be ordered multiple times.
- Each crate contains 3 satellites. They are bulky items, so cannot be carried or placed back into a crate once it's been opened. Using a multitool on the satellites will tell you its designation (MSAT-0, MSAT-1 etc), as well as its current status.
- Once you have the Meteor Satellite computer electronics, you will need to set up a computer (probably on the Bridge) to monitor the percentage of the station's shield coverage.
- The satellites themselves need to be dragged into space outside the station. It doesn't especially matter where (the solars might be a good idea...) so long as they aren't attached to an existing room. Once they are outside, it is highly recommended that you surround them with grilles to prevent them from floating away or being easily tampered with.
- When the satellites are in position, the computer you made earlier can be used to lock the satellites in place and they will begin projecting their shield (note that the shield is invisible). You will be able to see the current coverage as a percentage; placing satellites in different locations will adjust the coverage, as each unit projects a field from itself centrally.
- Note that you can place as many satellites as you wish in order to increase the station's coverage.
If you consider the station not being ravaged by meteors to be a benefit, then you will be very happy! Any future meteor showers (or meaty ore showers) will fail to collide with any parts of the station covered by your new best friends. It might also keep the NT Rep off your back for a little while, which is always a plus.