Like Xenomorphs, they are intelligent, and form a hive that acts aggressively against humanoids in the area. They also travel through vents.
Like giant space spiders, they tend to wrap things in webs, drink human blood, and multiply by laying eggs that hatch into spiderlings.
They tend to be extremely strong in melee, but weak to ranged weapons. For special attacks, they tend to use a variety of deadly poisons, delivered by biting their targets.
Terror spider infestations typically start with green, white, prince, queen or mother spiders, then grow from there. The higher the tier of spider the start with, the faster and more deadly they will grow.
Terror Spider Types
|Type||AKA||Role||Notes||Opens Powered Doors||Breaks Walls|
|Tier 1: Soldiers|
| Bloody Butcher spider
Crimson Terror spider
|Juggernaut / Assault||High health, high melee damage, but very slow speed. Does more damage the lower its health is. Capable of robusting several greytiders at once.||Yes||No|
|Invisible Stalker spider||Ambusher||Hides in vents, ambushing prey with webs. Double damage against webbed targets.||No||No|
|Vicious Bloodsucking spider||Breeding||Drinks the blood of its victims, then lays clutches of eggs that hatch into more spiders. The most common source of an infestation.||No||No|
|Tier 2: Specialists|
|Giant Black Widow spider||Poisoner||Uses hit-and-run attacks, and incredibly lethal venom. Anyone bitten by this must get immediate toxins treatment, or they will die.||No||No|
| Ghostly Nightmare spider
|Infector||Injects spider eggs into your body. Once these hatch, live spiderlings eat their way out of your skin.||No||No|
|Praetorian Guard spider||Nest Guard||A variant of the red, they are stronger, move faster, and spin thick webs that block humanoid vision.||Yes||Yes|
|Breaching spider||Breacher||Vent-breaking spider that breaches into new areas.||Yes||Yes|
|Tier 3: Minibosses|
Prince of Terror
|Tank spider||Slaughter||This beast has armor comparable to an organic tank. Fast, tough, and deadly, a well armed squad is required to fight it.||Yes||Yes|
Mother of Terror
|Giant WolfMother spider||Schmuck Bait||Carries hundreds of spiderlings on its back. If killed, its children will stop at nothing to avenge their mother.||Yes||No|
|Tier 4: Bosses|
Queen of Terror
| Brood Mother spider
Arch Terror spider
|Hive Queen||Builds nests. Lays eggs. Directs the brood. Spits mind-warping hallucinogenic toxins. Exterminates non-spider life.||Yes||Yes|
- Weld vents and scrubbers. Even fully-grown Terror Spiders can ventcrawl. They will run around murdering the whole crew if you fail to weld the vents.
- Carry a gun. Melee weapons are not good enough to fight the vast majority of terror spiders. Laser weapons are preferable.
- Travel with friends.
- Don't travel into dark/webbed areas.
- Don't walk into spider webs.
- If bitten by a Black Terror, or White Terror, seek immediate medical help. You will be dead (or worse) within minutes if you don't do this.
- Don't let them create a nest. The longer their nest exists, the more of them they can produce.
- If you are security, consider arming the crew. Terror spiders can be as dangerous as blobs, even worse in some cases. Arming the crew is safer than having a serious terror spider infestation.
- If you are science, make AEGs. Make sure security have them. Night vision HUDs help too. The best weapon against Terror Spiders are mechs, especially mechs with lasercannons.
- If you are cargo, consider ordering eguns/laserguns.
- If you are command, get the crew organized. Remind people of what to do, and what not to do. Remind the assistants that these things are serious business, and hunting them with a toolbox is suicide.
- Destroy lights. You can smell blood, and see in the dark. Crew can't.
- Destroy cameras. They emit light, and let the AI see you.
- Do not kill crew who have the purple 'xeno infection' marker. These crew are likely infected with terror spider eggs.
- Drag dead bodies to a green, who will web them, drink their blood, and lay more eggs. Alternative, drag those bodies to any spider that needs a meal to regenerate faster.
- Spin webs. They stop crew in their tracks, and even block shots to a limited extent. They have no effect on you, or any other terror spiders.
- Ventcrawl to find targets, and to escape groups of armed humans.
- Each spider type has its own strengths and weaknesses. Know them. Don't try to fight a mech with a black, a chemist with a white, or a sec officer with a gray.
- Follow the orders of the Queen of Terror, if one exists. The queen has the right (and the brute strength!) to tear you in half if you don't.
- If you are injured, go after easy targets for awhile. You regenerate slowly over time.
Terror Spider Abilities
|Passive Abilities (all spiders)|
|Regenerate||speed varies||Terror spiders constantly regenerate health at a low rate. Certain actions increase this rate.|
|Prey Sense||N/A||Terror spiders can sense the health status of their food (humanoids), including whether they are infected with eggs or not.|
|Hivemind||N/A||Terror spiders speak on their shared hivemind by default, but some of them can also talk with normal crew (via ":9" or ".9").|
|Sense of Death||N/A||Through the hivemind, the death of any one terror spider is immediately known to all of the others.|
|Web||15 second cooldown||Spins a Terror Web. These will block some projectiles one time, and ensnare any humanoid who enters them for several seconds.|
|Ventcrawl||takes 10 seconds||Alt-click on any non-welded vent or scrubber to enter it. After a few seconds, you can move freely through the pipe system, emerging at any other unwelded vent/scrubber you can reach.|
|Wrap||once per corpse||Wraps up a corpse, and drains it of blood. All spiders get bonus health regeneration for doing this. Green spiders also get the ability to lay eggs this way.|
|Green Terrors can also:|
|Lay Green Eggs||Wrap a corpse first||Lay eggs which can hatch into red, gray, or green terror spiders. Requires using Wrap on a corpse first.|
|Princes of Terror can also:|
|Spin Thick Web||None||Spins a web that blocks the crew's vision.|
|Mothers and Queens can also:|
|Vent Smash||None||Smashes open a welded vent or scrubber.|
|Queens of Terror can also:|
|HiveSense||N/A||Reach out to your brood telepathically, sensing their locations, types, moods, and status.|
|Lay Queen Eggs||long cooldown||Lay eggs which can hatch into red, gray, green, white, black, or purple terror spiders. Unlike with the green-level ability, Queens do not need to feed before doing this.|
|Fake Spiderlings||limited uses||Creates a few immature spiderlings, broken and defective. They will never grow up, but they will scare the crew as they move quickly and spread widely.|
Objects & Drops
- Spiderling: Non-playable baby spiders. They move very quickly and like to hide in vents. Humans must kill them. Spiders must keep them alive.
- Terror Webs: Extremely sticky webs placed by spiders. Can be destroyed easily. Attempting to walk through them is highly likely to ensnare any human.
- Do terror spiders need oxygen? Pressure? Temperature? Yes. Lack of proper atmos kills them slowly.
- Can I kill them with toxins? No. They ignore plasma in the air, and syringes/syringeguns don't work on them (they do not process reagents).
- How do I play as one? Click on it as a ghost. There may also be a notice in ghostchat when a terror spider is controllable.
- Can adult terror spiders travel through vents? Yes.
Guide For Xenobio
- Can I spawn these as hostile mobs with a gold slime core? No.
- Can I spawn these as tame mobs with a gold slime core? No.
- Can I use a sentience potion to make one loyal to me? No.
- Will I get brutally murdered if I try interacting with a wild one? Yes!